Psycho-legal assessment is psychological assessment in the legal context, thus these assessments are done to provide expert input on a specific aspect of functioning as directed by the question being put before the court. I am registered with the South African Medico-Legal Society. I believe in high quality medico-legal work and do the testing, interviewing, interpretation and report writing myself.
If a psycho-legal report is indicated, your legal representative will request the report directly. In this process, the legal representative approaches and requests the assessment to be done – these assessments cannot be conducted on a voluntary, self-request basis.
I offer the following services regarding psycho-legal work:
- Third-party claims, including after a road or train accident
- Road Accident Fund (RAF) assessment of psychological impact after a motor vehicle accident.
- Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA) assessment of psychological impact after an incident involving a train.
- Surrogacy and adoption assessments.
- Medical negligence claims.
- Wrongful arrest.
- Personal injury claims.
- Risk assessments – I have experience in risk assessments and have compiled numerous risk assessments within the correctional setting for sentenced offenders being considered for parole (determinate and life sentences). I have compiled reports for the Correctional Supervision and Parole Board (CSPB), for the National Council of Correctional Services (NCCS) and for the Honourable Minister of Correctional Services.