PS 0123960 . PR 0608068
MSc Clinical Psychology (University of Limpopo: Medunsa)
BA (Hons) Criminology (UP), with distinction
BSociSci (Hons) Psychology (UP), with distinction
BSocSci Psychology (UP), with distinction
Hello! I am Sian (pronounced a bit closer to Sharn) it’s a Welsh name although I am South African. Welcome to my website and the about me page!
I am a clinical psychologist registered as a independent psychologist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa. I am in full time private practice in Pretoria.
My practice is predominantly therapy based (see services for therapy offered and FAQs for my working method.). Additionally, I assist corporate companies – providing talks as well as active and experiential group work tailored for the need (conflict resolution, staff development, stress management and emotional functioning: vulnerability, need expression, group functioning). I offer school talks for teachers and parents on requested topics. I do presentations and expert panel discussions on request. I contribute to journalistic articles (on request) for magazines and periodicals. I provide clinical supervision to registered psychologists.
In terms of medico-legal/psycho-legal work, I am co-director of Equilibrium Psychology working with a team of psychologists that provide medico-legal assessments RAF, PRASA, personal injury, surrogacy, adoption, neurospychological, wrongful arrest and criminal risk assessment. I am largely involved in peer review of psychological reports prior to court submission.
I practice from the Satori Centre of Interactional Wellness, an upmarket integrative wellness centre that promotes healing and personal growth. The modern, minimalist-style practice with flowing gardens is geared for a tranquil, calm and therapeutic environment. Satori, as the practice is named, means ‘a moment of enlightenment’, ‘understanding’, ‘seeing into ones true nature’. Satori is what we, as an integrative wellness centre, strive towards.
The practice is in Garsfontein, in close proximity to the surrounding suburbs of Faerie Glen, Menlyn, Moreletapark, Olympus, Wapadrand, Woodlands, The Wilds and Constantiapark. It is conveniently located down the road from Atterbury Value Mart. Hoёrskool Garsfontein is a block away and other schools close by include Maragon Olympus, Woodhill College, Hatfield Christian School and The Glen.
ASSOCIATIONS, AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIP
- Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Board of Healthcare Funders (BHF)
- National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH): Certified Hypnotherapist
- Satori Centre for Interactional Wellness
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- South African Medico-Legal Society (SAMLS)
- Institute of Brain Working Recursive Therapy (BWRT)
- Psychological Society of South Africa (PSYSSA)
- South African Society for Clinical Psychology (SASCP)
ORAL PRESENTATIONS AND PANEL DISCUSSIONS
- Dissociative Identity Disorder: Conceptualization and Treatment. Oral presentation at the International Family Therapy Assocation (IFTA) World Congress, Bangkok Thailand (March 2018).
- Practical training in identifying and acknowledging emotions in others: A vital skill for health professionals (November 2017).
- Depression in Men, Oral presentation to Medical and Allied Health professional at 1 Military Hospital (July, 2017).
- Depression in Men, Panel Discussion for the “Delron Buckley: My Life” book launch (May 2017).
- Psychotherapeutic treatment of Dissociative Identity Disorder. Panel discussion at the Denmar psychiatry forum meeting (October 2016).
- Brain Working Recursive Therapy: A Practical Representation from the Correctional Context.
- Oral presentation at the Brain Working Recursive Therapy Symposium at the 2016 Psychological Society of South Africa (PSYSSA) Congress (September, 2016).
- Oral presentation at The Department of Correctional Services Annual Psychology Indaba (September, 2016)..
- Interactional pattern analysis of mother-baby pairs: Kangaroo mother care versus incubator care. Oral presentation at the GAIMH-SA Infant Mental Health conference. Gauteng Association for Infant Mental Health-South Africa (GAIMH-SA). Affiliate of the World Association for Infant Mental Health. Green, S.L & Phipps, W.D. (2015).
ARTICLES AND ACADEMIC CONTRIBUTIONS
- Destiny Magazine. July 2018. Co-contribution in article by Denise Mhlanga, title: Emotional Tax.
- Mental Health Matters Magazine (vol 2, 2018). Article title: Mindfulness for Mind fullness.
- Essentials Magazine. June 2018. Contribution in article by Leigh Hermon , title: Breaking Bad Screen Habits‘.
- Vrouekeur. 9 March 2018. Contribution in article by Shanda Luyt, tilte: ‘Misdaadvoos SA Veg Terug‘.
- Huffington Post. 17 October 2017. Contribution in the article by Zongile Nhlapo, titled ‘There’s No Perfect Time To Tell Your Partner About Your Mental Health Condition‘ .
- Green, S.L, & Phipps, W.D (2015). Interactional pattern analysis of mother-baby pairs: Kangaroo mother care versus incubator care. South African Journal of Psychology (SAJP), 45(2), 194-206. doi:10.1177/0081246314565961
- Green, S.L. (2013). Interactional pattern analysis of mother-baby pairs using kangaroo mother care versus incubator care. Unpublished master’s dissertation. University of Limpopo (Medunsa Campus), Ga-Rankuwa, South Africa.
WORKSHOPS AND ADDITIONAL TRAINING
- International certification in Hypnotherapy: National Guild of Hypnotists (2018)
- International Family Therapy Association (IFTA) World Congress, Bangkok Thailand (2018)
- Eriksonian Hypnotherapy (MEISA) workshop (2017)
- Brain Working Recursive Therapy, Level 1 (2016)
- Brain Working Recursive Therapy, Level 2 (2016)
- Childhood Sexual Abuse & Art Therapy (2017)
- Sex Therapy (2015)
- Couples Therapy (2015)
- Creative Tools for Psychotherapy (2015)
- From conduct Disorder to Antisocial Personality Disorder
- PoPI Act
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Criminal Risk Assessment
- Threat Management
- Psychopathy Checklist
- Medico Legal Matters: Ethics
- Forensic Psychology: Evaluation of Risk for Violence and Sex offending
- Person Centred Therapy
- Psychodrama and Gestalt Psychotherapy
- Ethics in Psychology
- The Interactional Pattern Analysis (IPA)
- Group Psychotherapy (Advanced Training)
- Kangaroo Mother Care (KMC) for infant care and facilitating closeness between parent and child