Sexuality is part of being human, having a fulfilling and satisfying sexual relationships is fundamental. Sex therapy aims to assist individuals and couples by working through struggles relating to sexual functioning.
Sexual difficulties can include:
- Discomfort with sexuality
- Dissatisfaction with sex
- Anorgasmia (failure to reach orgasm)
- Low labido (sex drive)
- Erectile dysfunction or impotence (inability to maintain an erection)
- Premature ejaculation
- Delayed ejaculation
- Vaginismus (involuntary muscle spasms in the vagina)
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
Often with sexual difficulties the physical manifestation is linked to a psychological process, such as body image, emotional unfinished business and self-esteem difficulties to name a few.